After the Note 7 has been exploding widely and Samsung stop manufacturing more from it people went to get the previous phone from Samsung,S7 Edge.So I made this tutorial to benefit you guys and guide you to the right way to root your S7 Edge!
After I tried many ways to root my phone and got stuck at some,bricked at another,and boot-loop on some I wen to search more and more until I tried this method last night and got my phone rooted in about 5 minutes!!
No No No I didn’t use any of those funny one click root apps,I just flashed TWRP using ODIN then flashed the SuperSU from the recovery !!
Please do not do anything from your mind,watch the video to know how to to that because Odin is usually dangerous!
WARNING #1: Flashing a custom recovery to your device will trip the Knox warranty bit on your phone. Check with your mobile provider to see if they will still cover warranty on Knox bit triggered devices. If you understand this risk, continue on.
You generally don’t have to worry, as it’s incredibly hard to brick a Samsung device, and physical damage warranties should be exempt from Knox triggering.
WARNING #2: The Galaxy S7 stock boot image has dm-verity, which prevents you from booting if you swipe to enable system modifications!
SOLUTION: Follow the full rooting steps below, in order, to allow system modifications without the risk of a boot loop!
Don’t forget to subscribe and like
FULL STEPS TO ROOT S7 EDGE
You can follow this video by me above i you want
Otherwise, follow these instructions:
- In your ROM, go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Now go to Settings -> Developer options. (above About device)
You need to enable OEM unlock, otherwise you might end up with boot problems or be unable to flash later on.
- Extract Odin_3.12.3.zip to your computer.
- Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers for Odin to find your device.
- Download a .tar image of TWRP for hero2lte.
- Reboot your device into Download mode. To do this, select reboot from the power menu and hold the [Volume Down] + [Home] buttons while your device reboots.
Once you reach the Download mode warning screen, press [Volume Up] to continue.
- Open Odin and place that TWRP tar file in the [AP] slot and disable Auto-Reboot, then press [Start].
- Hold [Volume Down] + [Home] + [Power] to get out of Download mode and immediately swap to [Volume Up] when the screen blanks.
If you don’t see then TWRP boot splash try again from step 6.
- At this point, you will reach the screen asking you if you want to allow system modifications.
By swiping right, you will trigger dm-verity, and if you don’t follow step 11 you will be unable to boot!
If you are going to root your device and follow the rest of these steps, then it is safe to swipe right and enable modifications.
- Only if you want internal storage or data to work in TWRP:
Go to [Wipe] -> [Format Data] (not advanced wipe) -> type “yes”.
WARNING: This will wipe your internal storage, disable encryption, and factory reset your phone!
Go to [Reboot] -> [Recovery].
- If you want to be rooted with SuperSU:
Download the latest SuperSU by Chainfire.
Without exiting TWRP, transfer the SuperSU zip to your device over MTP* and flash it using [Install] in TWRP.If you only want a bootable system partition or writable data in TWRP:
Download the latest dm-verity and force encryption disabler zip.
Without exiting TWRP, transfer the no-verity-opt-encrypt zip to your device over MTP* and flash it using [Install] in TWRP.
- Go to [Reboot] -> [System].
- Wait 2-5 minutes for your device to finish setting itself up.